clown acting differently

snailheave

my percula pair used to stay near their anemone, always.
i started feeding them homemade food about a month ago. which is the only thing i've done differently.
about three days ago the female started to venture out of her territory, she used to never do so even when i approached. she swims along the front glass wall sometimes up and down and sometimes left and right but always in a certain retangular area. she bumps the glass wall here and there.
nothing is visibily wrong. as far as i can tell she's very healthy. just this new behavior. any idea what it might be?

popnfrresh

If your feeding it raw seafood could be a disease. i know there is a disease from feeding raw seafood. Doesnt happen alot but is there.

thegrog

I'd say it is normal. She is just getting used to her surroundings (maytake a long time). They are called clownfish for a reason......they do funny things. Probably not the true reason, but it works!
As for the raw seafood, been doing it for years and never had a problem. Just get good quality seafood and keep it frozen until use. After all, they eat raw seafood all the time in the wild!!

thegrog

Still only 6 months or so. Remember that they go years in the wild--if not their entire lifetime--occupying a very small area....much smaller than a typical tank!! That is because there are many creatures in the wild that want to eat them. It may take a long while for a clown to realize that there are no preditors in your tank. Once they figure that out, they often turn into little orange sharks eating anything they think is food.....including your fingers sometimes!!!!