I have a 60gal. w/
Clown Trig.
Humu Trig.
YellowHead Goby
Lunar Wrasse
SnowFlake Eel
2 Red Hairy Leg Crabs
4 Common Crabs.
I see both Trigs look like they have ICH, What's the best way to treat them? I didn't have a QT at first but now I do. It's a 10 gal., Can I put both in there and treat 'em both at the same time? How many fish can I treat at a time? Should I remove my crabs and treat my DT? Please help a greenhorn, Thanks.

shaggyblz

You should treat all of the fish in the tank, not just the fish showing the parasite. You should probably get a larger QT though. As for treating them in your DT, treatment will kill all of your LR and LS. LR and LS will also absorb any medication that is added if you decide to use any. This will probably kill most inverts when added back to the tank later.

buddyro

Thanks So Much Shaggy.
I think i'm ok for the moment. I used Kent marine Rx-P for parasites. I did a quik dip for 15mins. both the Humu & Clown, both seem to have improved today and neither are showing white specs....

geridoc

Originally Posted by BuddyRo
http:///forum/post/3006680
Thanks So Much Shaggy.
I think i'm ok for the moment. I used Kent marine Rx-P for parasites. I did a quik dip for 15mins. both the Humu & Clown, both seem to have improved today and neither are showing white specs....
The white specks on the fish are only a sign of infestation - it is your tank that needs to be treated. Soon, the fish will show ich infection again as the parasite completes its life cycle and reinfects the fish. You need to remove all vertebrate fish to a qt and treat with hyposalinity. Leave the dt empty for 4-6 weeks and the ich parasites will run through their life cycle but, without a fish to infect, all the parasites in the tank will die. Thus, when you add back your fish they will be safe from reinfection. Take a look at the instructions for hyposalinity treatment in the Fish Disease board.