Clown choices

pegasus

I have a misbar black saddleback which is very close to the same thing, and it's a great fish. Gets along with everyone...

bang guy

I'm not discouraging you, B&W Ocellaris are a very good choice.

I just find it interesting that a lot of us like saltwater fish for the vibrant colors. Then pay extra for a black & white morph of a beautifully colored species.

lmforbis

I went to my not so local fish store to get two normal oscelarous and they had none. Everybody likes the mutations I like the normal variety. Still haven't found any.

jay0705

The b/w are just different from the norm. The various designer clowns are all the rage now. I don't really get it tho

pegasus

I remember when "designer" clownfish came out, and they were outrageously expensive. Now, you can buy a Picasso for less than $70, and a Snowflake for less than $50. Still expensive in my book, but far less than half of what they used to be. They are still clownfish, with the same personalities and traits of regular clowns. I got my misbar saddleback at nearly the same price as an Ocellaris, and I like it because it's a little different than the norm. It reminds me of me... lol!!!

jay0705

Ha ha. I do like unique fish. All tho I don't think many of mine are that off the norm. I have diversity but isn't that the reason for sw lol

Kristin1234

I paid $149.00 a peice for my snowflakes, Damn *****!!! I love them so much. They were some of my first fish. My kid wants a black and white one.

lmforbis

The only designer clown I could see myself buying is a lightning but they are way too expensive.