Clown Eggs - Day 5

bang guy

Almost identical to the Day2 picture. The eggs are getting darker and the eyes are becomming larger & reflective.
Anyone still following this series of pictures?

scotts

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Anyone still following this series of pictures?

Hell yes!
Scott

T

therock0861

Hahahahah picture crack!!!! Yo let me get another man come on dude please!! LOL it's great keep em comin.

lovethesea

good god YES!!!! like a dog following his ball. :D
Please keep them coming. I have never seen this before and I am showing my kids. (who by the way keep asking if there are more) :)
What does Dad do with the eggs that are bad?? You said in your other post that he is always grooming them.. does he eat them or just place them else where??

bang guy

I should mention that behind the scenes I have been growing lots of rotifers. This will be the newborn food for 5 or 6 days. For Rotifers to be nutritious they need to eat quality food. I feed Nannochloropsis, a Phytoplankton high in Vitamin B12 and HUFA.
I will be expecting the Clownfish Larvae to eat up to 1000 Rotifers a day... each. I estimate that about 300 larvae will hatch this time (I'm not very experienced at this point on), so that's a LOT of Rotifers.

blue dew

This has been a fantastic series of threads and it really brings a whole other aspect into this hobby. Not only do we strive to keep our tanks alive and growing, but to create the enviorment that allows fish to reproduce is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing this with us Bang. Keep em coming...
Dew