Clown fish and BTA

zoboo2

I have had my BTA for about 5 months in my 125 with various corals and fish all are healthy. After about 3 months my trio of occ. clowns decided to host it and it got really big and full. BUT.... it no longer looks like a BTA, the tenticles are same color they have always been and it is eating very well, the clowns even feed it which is super cool, but the tenticles are always long and do not get short and "bubbly" anymore. Is this normal? It only occured after the fish started to host it. I can provide a pic if need be. Thanks!

T

thomas712

No need for a pic this is perfectly normal in some respects. I say that because there is a combination of things going on. In a healthy setting a BTA's can take on many trates, long and skinny tenticals is one of them. It's not really because the clowns are in it.
Sounds like all is good and nothing to worry about.
Thomas

mscarpena

I agree thats how my bubble tips looks. It means it is being feed well and does not need to expand to create more surface area for photosythesis. I have had my buble tip for 3 years now and I almost never see the tips buble up.

dskrezyna

Should an anemone go into the tank before the clowns or vice versa? Or does it not matter? Wondering if doing it in a certain order would have a better influence on the relationship bewteen the two.

T

thomas712

No particular order, however it sometimes makes a difference if the clownfish are tank raised or wild.
Thomas