clown fish and goniopora

ppanthrah75

just a ? i just picked up a goniopora a week ago and now my clown fish is hosting it as if it were a anenome is this going to be bad for the coral thanx for any replys.

mudplayerx

The clownfish will probably kill the goniopora. They are very sensitive to other critters touching them and usually retract. However, if the goniopora isn't retracting, I don't think there is a problem.
Make sure you research goniopora/flowerpots corals. They are a VERY demanding coral and most people have no luck at all with them. My advice is that you dose phyto pretty liberally 3 times a week and feed them VERY finely chopped, meaty foods. If you can chop the meaty food another time, then it is too big.

jafrench

My tomato clown made his home in my goniopora. It never retracts and he doesn't burrow or rub it to death like my other clown does his anemone. So far so good.

ppanthrah75

appreciate the advice on feeding, well right now the lights shut off in the tank and hes rubbing up against the rock like a little lost puppy but the tentacles dont retract. whats a good anenome to get for him hes a nemo clown?

bluelagoon

sorry, but why do people have to call them nemos?? :notsure: it does bug the heck out of me. i mean come on, if you are going to keep them you should at least know what they really are. and everyone here does know their real name....
not trying to be mean, believe me! but i have an ocellaris, his name is herbie. one of my friends loves to call him nemo just cuz she knows i don't like it.
so really, i don't mean to sound mean if i do. i promise. lol.

mudplayerx

NEMO NEMO NEMMOOOOOOO!!!!
NEMO!

NEMO
NEMO!!!
Muhahaha!
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

jeepman3sk

i have two ocellaris clowns but one is named nemo and the other is wick. they are soo playful i almost want to dive in and play with them