Clown fish has gone off the deep end??

george99

Clown fish has gone off the deep end??
One of my Clown fish is swimming around as if he or she has no buoyance or is negatively buoyant. It swims in a head up angle at about 35 degrees. Like it’s trying to tread water?? Everyone in else in the aquarium is doing well and I have tested the water to see if anything is out of wack. Has anyone seen this and do think it will pass in time???
Regards, George :notsure:

30-xtra high

that happened to my cinnamon clown before he died. i think its bloat. its a disease in their stomach that kills them. it makes them slowly get bigger in their stomach area. start to float kinda while they swim, then die.

uberlink

Likely some kind of swim bladder disease. You should check over on the disease forum and see if there's anything you can do. Otherwise, it will sadly probably kill him before too long.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure it is bad news. Clowns are know for some pretty funny swimming antics. Can you post a picture, or provide more details.

george99

Here, let me take it from the top. The fish looked good at the pet store and I did not see any problems until we got him the water. I had him in a clean plastic pail and slowly added some tank water. (20 mins later) Then my wife netted him carefully and we fumbled getting him in to the tank and he landed on the lid when my wife panicked and flicked him in to the water. I’ve been wondering if she squeezed him unknownly.
My second fish and I’ve possibly kill him, that sucks! He's not bumping in to stuff and it looks like he's getting better after a week. I hope he continues to recover.
George