Clown Gobies...who says two non mating pair dont get along

stanlalee

excuse the poor photography, I didn't have time to set up the tripod and set the camera manually, its not often they both perch on the candycane although the yellow host it most of the time. For the life of me I dont understand how such nice looking fish can cost so little.

another poor pic trying to catch the moment. Green one likes to host the flowerpot quite frequently (it doesn't really like it as you can see)

and the difference when there is time to set up a tripod and camera properly

I vowe to get some clean interesting shots!

chipmaker

I really like my little clown gobies. The yellow ones are like little kids dressed in baggie clothes and always seem to have smirk on their face. My greem and citrion clowns are fairly shy but the yellow ones are super and frieindly as all get up. I have one yellow in with a chalk bass, perc clown, bi color blenny, and a neon goby and fire fish. The chalk bass could easily swally him up as he is just a little squirt (bout 5/8" long) but his size doe snot let that basslet intimidate him one bit. The blenny harrasses him, and once he gets enough he charges back at the bi color....Then just goes and perches on his favorite shelt or ledge and watches the world go round

rubytoo

Great pictures , Stanalee!
I love the clown gobies...
They are such cool and personable fish
You have some great shots :joy:

nm reef

Very nice photos....a couple seem to suffer from lack of focus....but the color seems accurate.
What camera are you using and any info on the settings?
Sometimes minor changes can make very sharp changes in the finished product.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by NM reef
Very nice photos....a couple seem to suffer from lack of focus....but the color seems accurate.
What camera are you using and any info on the settings?
Sometimes minor changes can make very sharp changes in the finished product.

thanks all!
the 1rst two pics definately suffer from focus. I just grabbed the camera and shot in auto mode and no tripod because I didn't think they would stay perched long. I aknowledged they sucked before I even posted them, I just thought it was cool to see them both perched together. the 3rd was with tripod and manual settings but still rushed. the last three I used a tripod and manual settings and took my time to get a decent shot.
camera is the same dinosour Canon Powershot A40 2MP
settings (all with ISO 50, auto white balance and macro mode):
shutter speed 1/5 sec, aperture 3.5

shutter speed 1/5 sec, aperture 4.5

shutter speed 1/25 sec (then edited to increase brightness and contrast) aperture 4.0