Clown Goby Tank

rykna

Has anyone kept a tank for just Clown Gobys? I would like to have all the colors of CB in the same tank. I know they can be aggressive towards other CB, but if all added at the same time, how successful would this be?
~Rykna

stanlalee

supposedly they are aggressive to each other but I have NEVER seen this to be the case and I have kept green and yellow together and seen countless mixed varieties at the LPS in the same tank and they completely ignore each other. To do a tank with just clown gobies it needs to be an established reef with plenty of corals for cover just not sps. chances are some wont eat prepared right away so you need a tank with natural resources or live feeding until they catch on. they dont do well in tanks without plenty of corals to duck in and on top of. its just their natural envirnment and nature to co-habitat with corals.

jtt

I too have thought about getting a small tank and just doing an army of clown gobies... but im flat broke right now.

fishkid13

Adding them at the same time would help. I agree with the nature food before getting them and have many levels of rockwork, caves, legdes, etc. For tank is I would say about 30 gal for them to have a big enough space. Just my .02.