Clown has a new best friend!

treble

My clwon fish now has 2 new best friends, Cleaner shrimp. If I sit and watch for a while the clown will move down and sit on a rock while both the cleaners to some shop work on him. But when the cleaners stick there feelers in his mouth for scraps of food he doesn't like that. Its awsome, but too bad the clown is soo agressive towards other tank mates, I plan on returning him and getting a Maroon Clown, what beauties!

treble

I was just in there cleaning my tank, and the cleaner shrimp jumped on my hand and started to clean dead skin cells, awsome!

S

schroder_reef

It kinda hurts when it picks too deep at our dead skin....at least the 1st time it did, and now we don't notice it.
Our Cleaner shrimp likes our Goby the best.

sweet deal, I have some peppermint shrimp and they act the same way. Only difference is my clown's best friend is a clown trigger.
Dan

You never mentioned which type of Clown you had but Ive read post after post about Maroons to be one of the most aggresive clowns.
Just my 2cents :rolleyes:

kimmisue

Maroon clown are just as nasty..I had one that started out fine but in a matter of a month owned the tank and had everyone running.
He went to Mr. Salty's tank and became a small fish in a big pond(ocean) tables were turned he got chased and now is doing fine.
I recommend percs...for nice calm clowns.
Kim
[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmisue ]

My clown, I found it hard to decipher wether he is a maroon or tomato,because the coloring leads in both directions, as does the disposition.
Dan