clown hosting a shell?!?

rcdude1990

omg that is so funny that ur clown is doin that like the first second of the film it like jumps right in side of it
its a shell??? is it like a piece of coral or a piece of LR
i would love to put one in my tank and c if my clown hosts it

renogaw

i got it from someone who had broken down his reef tank and gave me all his dead coral skeletons. i have NO clue what it is, it looks like big eggs, but fused together by rock/sand.

renogaw

this one is funny as well. the one inside the shell is the smaller one, which i assumed was going to be the mail. but then he nips at the female...

xdave

It was either my extensive knowlege of sealife, or the fact that every one I ever saw had a sticker on it that said barnacle!
Thats one of those old school decorations. We used to use them to put feather dusters in.

clown boy

Originally Posted by xDave
Thats a type of barnacle.
I've got those, and I always wondered what they were. Thanks!

boozzbro

it seems in that second video tha male is just keepping the female away from his territory. Unless they are a mated pair fish generally dont liek to share.

hemicj

my perc. clown decided to take up recidnce in my large feather duster latly. it funy whenever it closes she hurrys away and comes back as soon as it opens i whish i had video it funy to whatch

renogaw

Originally Posted by boozzbro
it seems in that second video tha male is just keepping the female away from his territory. Unless they are a mated pair fish generally dont liek to share.
they havent laid eggs yet, but they are the only 2 in the tank and hang out with each other 95% of the time.

chris57

moon lighting helps alot with breeding, clown fish can host just about anything i've herd them hosting: corals, featherdusters, clams, sponges, anemones, rocks, dead corals, fake decorations, and even plants. some clowns change their hosts frequently.