Clown hosting

manners

My clown has been hosting this for a couple of months now but still won't go in the bta. He is very territorial over it, if I go near it he bites me. Both clowns sleep in it's branches ( even though it doesn't open at night) and he is in it most of the day to. I think it's starting to stress the coral a little but it seems to be tolerating them. They where both tank raised and never hosted so I am happy!

pezenfuego

VERY NICE! Reminds me of a tank at Shedds. When I had clowns, they were hosted by a featherduster. The featherduster was not too happy about this and chucked its crown. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

shane784

that's pretty sweet!...
I just bought a Condylactus last week in an attempt to give my pair of Oc. clowns a home.. got it home then found out they aren't natural hosts :/ so I'm torn whether to jus keep hoping they take to it or get rid of it for a diff kind.
any true tips to try to get them to take to it? lighting? flow? feeding,? idk

elrodg

Getting a clown to host a Condy is probably not a good idea. in some cases I've heard of them consuming a clown. And in other cases the exact opposite. Judgement call. But my lfs puts their clowns in with condys in the same tank.

shane784

what is a good natural host for a clownfish a magnificent anemone? be sufficient do these come in colors or do they change in the conditions

mr. limpid

If you are concerned that the clowns will kill the coral you could remove them with the bta to a Q tank for several months to see if they will host the anemone. Then reintroduce them all back into the DT.

manners

I'm not overly concerned, plus it don't think I can remove the bta, it's foot is deep in a cave. What ever happens, happens, it was only a 10$ frag with 3 heads about a year ago ( now it has 11 heads) they grow fast

elrodg

what is a good natural host for a clownfish a magnificent anemone? be sufficient do these come in colors or do they change in the conditions
A bubble tip would possibly be a good fit.