CLown hosts first day yeah

discgolfer

Haven't had too much luck with clowns but I got burt a week ago and picked up my first anenome yesterday. A bubble tip with some green coloring in it. I woke up this morning and turned on lights. went in other room came out and burt was already checking it out and is now guarding it with his life. I got a orange perc yesterday that I am trying to pair with burt. her name is becky. She was checking out the anenome this morning and rubbing in it but now burt won't let her near it.

deanos

Burt looks like a Clarkii clown. In all likelihood, he won't pair up with a percula (true or false). He may allow the perc into the BTA as I've seen different species of clown sharing a LARGE sebae before.

deanos

AHA!! A black percula is much more expensive around here than a clarkii. Hence, the LFS's statement. Perc's second white bar typically bulge forward whereas clarkiis do not. Also, clarkiis are rounder in overall shape than perculas.

jacknjill

good, thats exactly what i thought. black perculas are like jet black. they look like oreos lol. and clarkis are more brownish. you could pair it up with another clarkii. but not an orange percula

S

suprbeagle

He's an A. polymnus, AKA black variant saddleback. He's cute - good luck with him.

discgolfer

superbeagle is right. he is a polymnus check the link i found when i googled it.
Please do not post links like this, it is against the rules of the BB.
the pic of the polymnus looks exactly like him. and the clarki looks nothing like him. Maybe I can take him back and have them order me another one but smaller to pair with him. Or should I wait and see what happens?? is there a chance they might pair up.
yeah he is the same as in my avatar. so is there no chance he will pair with the perc i bought? what should i get to pair with him then. wish i could get another one same colors but haven't seen any anywhere.

S

suprbeagle

I just noticed you're in Adrian. If you're willing to take a drive, Perrysburg Aquariums in Perrysburg, OH has black variant A. polymnus occasionally. As do Tanks A Lot (Woodhaven, MI), Tropical Fish Pond (Royal Oak, MI) and Tropicorium (Romulus, MI). This species is becoming much more prevalent in the area.

discgolfer

update!!!!! Burt is now sharing the bubble tip with becky the perc. they have almost bonded so to speak:D :D :D :) :happyfish

T

thomas712

I agree with the A. polymnus identification, they can be a challenging species prone to rapid skiddish movement.
What type of lighting do you have for your BTA?
Thomas