clown is bruised up by something

apu701

hi, my tank has a maroon clown 4", a watchman goby 2", and a cleaner shrimp. inverts include my new RBTA, featherduster, snails, and hermits.
i bought the tank used 4 months established, now had it for 1 month. it is a 24g nano with a 150w 14k bulb. i owned a 70g fowlr for 8 years. i recently got the RBTA and it was went into hiding. a few days later i acquired a maroon clown. Last nite my maroon was hosting the anemone. it was still hiding in a hole for few days(4). so i turn on the lights today and my clown has all of its fins 20% gone, on both sides and the top. The tail fin is fine.
i dont understand.. the only fish that i have other than this is a watchman goby and its like 1/4 its size. i have a tunze 6045 that im sure this maroon cant get into bc of the grills on it. my only suspect left is the RBTA. what i dont understand is that how did ALL of its fins get damaged?? maybe the RBTA tried to eat it somehow multiple times?? now the maroon stays away from RBTA. sometimes he just and rubs against it but not like last nite.
im sooo freaking frustrated!! this hobby is driving me
!!!
ok so now the maroon has most of its fins cut up and some slime thing kinda looks like HLLE but sparing the head.. what is this? what do i do? could it have been a mantis shrimp bc sometimes i hear clicking noises? how long would it take for these fins to grow back?...
soo frustrated with this hobby and thinking bout just leaving the tank alone. just feed it, top off, and thats it.. no more purchases..what lives lives!..

apu701

anybody have anything? could it have been something else that hurt him?? i mean all his fins for God's sake!!!

perfectdark

If your RBTA went into hiding into your LR and your maroon followed it in to host then it could very well of beat itself up on the LR trying to host. Maroons are notorius for beating the crap out of anenomes and unless you get an anenome 3 to5 times the size of the maroon they frequently kill it from abuse. If the clown was in the lr and thrashing about it most likley beat its self up on the LR hosting.

apu701

clown is dead.. it had a sticky looking film over the top of his body.. Could this have been Brook? could it strike in <24 hours? and maybe this clown tried to rub on rocks to get it off?
the anemone did accept the clown it seemed last night.
the bruised on the fins didnt look like it was rubbed off or something/.. like bitten off.. again, can brook do this?
would a mantis shrimp do this??
thanks you perfectdark for replying..