clown not eating

i got a false clown and he came with a fungus on him, (lymphocyctis or saprolegnia i think) i cant seem to get him to eat good. food goes right by him, he seems to know its there because he either heads right for it as if hes gonna eat it then dont, or gets out of the way of it hitting him in the face. the only thing i have seen him eat is 2-3 frozen mysis shrimp when i feed them that. he sticks his nose up at pellets with garlic, prime reef flakes, scallops. he has now started to swim in place funny, a forward and back motion like a saw. is this due to getting weak from not eating? also what can i do so that my food dont sink right to the bottom of the tank quickly (pellets/meat chunks). i have a powerhead in the tank pushing water across the tank and the hob filter pushing water to the front of the thank. so i dont think water flow is the problum, ideas

jackri

If he eats mysis keep feeding him that.
On the other hand -- imagine having a really bad stomach flu and then being offered Thanksgiving dinner at the same time. Doubt you'd eat either.

kpclown

If he is cured of the parasite then it might just be stress that is causing him to not eat. However it is unusual for a fish that is stressed to swim out in the open and not be hiding. How long have you had the fish and was he eating before the parasite? What are your tanks parameters and when was the last water change performed? You can try frozen brine shrimp ssoaked in garlic and Selcon. Perhaps the parasite is still with him and is causing him to not eat?

got him last tuesday, he came from *****.com with the fungus and has eat very little. i can see him not eatting because he dont feel good, but shouldnt he have eat more than what he has even being sick?
beth has told me there is no cure for lymphocyctis, it just runs it course. i plan on adding some vitamins(zoecon) to help speed the process hopfully. im just trying to get him to eat some so he dont die from starvation.
just did waterchage 2 days ago 15%.
water test shows
ammonia 0 ppm
no2 .25 ppm
no3 .5 ppm
ph 8.2
spec gravity 1.024

kpclown

Do another waterchange and try to get the nitrite and nitrate down. Keeping good water parameters will help him get better. Vitamins and supplements will also help him heal and avoid any infections. Are there any other fish in the aquarium?

yes there are other fish/inverts. a dalmation molly i used to cycle tank, and i got a cleaner shrimp the day befor all the others i got from *****.com
2 clowns, diamond goby, cbs, sally lightfoot, blueleg hermits. they seemed to ship me some unhealthy fish. my hippo tang was DOA got a (Credit) and my cbs ripped off his own arms, and my sally and some hermits have died. there sending my a new sally. dont belive my water levels are that bad to kill them.
i dont have a QT but i do have a rubbermaid tote i have been keeping my conditioned tap water in i use for water changes. i may put the clown in there with some anti fungal solotion. he is after all still in his 15day garantee

well he died today while i was at work, and to make matters worse i think i see a little white mark on my other clown, same place on chin