Clown Question

chub

I found one of My 2 False Clowns( i think thats what it is) on the rug stiff as a board today. Can I add another one right way? If I can will they get long with the Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, and Sixline I have already?

The flame angel will pick on him. They become territorial once established and don't like new fish invading their tank. Try rearranging the live rock when you put the clown in that way all the fish will be to busy establishing territory to bully.

beansell

Were the clowns you had a pair? If so you may want to get one that is larger or smaller than the one you still have as it will save a lot of agression between the two as they determine dominance (i.e. male/female determination).

zeke92

i'd be slightly worried about the flames but not much. and the last post is something you should definatly do.
and i highlly suggest you get another false and NOT a maroon

chub

They were together almost a year. The larger of the 2 was the jumper. I have a pic I could email to someome so I can get the same kind.

beansell

As long as you buy another false perc you should be fine. I would not recommend mixing types at all. Also, I would not say it is going to be a 100% success that they will get along, but there is a chance...I would just look for one larger than the one that is left in the tank. Depending on how big they are I also would not worry too much about the flame angel as my clowns are pretty tough when my coral beauty tries anything funny and will stick up for themselves...

chub

Its a Percula or a Ocellaris they look the same. Ive never seen large clowns at the LFS, there always small.So i'm Abit confused if i should add a larger or a smaller and if they get along with each other and its tank mates

A

azul1994

I'd say thats a false percula clown, but it looks dark, but not dark enough to be a true percula.

chub

So if I add another clown should it be bigger or smaller than what i have now. Will it get harassed by the other fish?