Clown Ready To Lay Eggs!!

gowebster

ok heres a picture of my fry tank.im going to darkin the front back and sides with black card board .. i have like 7 days ,can i put my water from the tank that there in now in the tank or wait..and how full should it be.

S

saltfishweseek

Originally Posted by gowebster
http:///forum/post/2934911
ok heres a picture of my fry tank.im going to darkin the front back and sides with black card board .. i have like 7 days ,can i put my water from the tank that there in now in the tank or wait..and how full should it be.
nice reflection off the tank,, "What may be in that bottle",,lol,,

gowebster

Well here is day one.This is about the best shot i could get .They laid them in a hard place to get a good pic..

dustyboy316

i dunno if thats good or not, but from what I've read you need to raise brine shrimp. It has to be live I believe.

gowebster

I was going to buy a bottle of Roti-Feast - Super Concentrate 6 oz for $20 plus $16 shipping because i dont have any fish stores that carry it.And then plan on making my own..just have like 6 or 7 more days and have no food ,

gowebster

ok order the rotifers today they should be here by wednesday or thursday.The question i have now is should i remove the shell from the tank and put it in the hatchery i made or wait tell they hatch and do the flashlight thing.im going to use 5gal of water out of the same tank...any suggestion would really help..

rod buehle

http:///forum/post/2936520
ok order the rotifers today they should be here by wednesday or thursday.The question i have now is should i remove the shell from the tank and put it in the hatchery i made or wait tell they hatch and do the flashlight thing.im going to use 5gal of water out of the same tank...any suggestion would really help..

I woud not even mess with this hatch. There will be plenty more. Use this batch to study the gestation period, spawning frequency, etc. Spend the time getting your rotifer cultures going (you will need live cultures to be successful), and get Joyce Wilkersons clownfishes book.

gowebster

Got the sides,back,bottom and front blackend ..Yeah i know what you mean but my fish are 4 years old and have been laying egg of and on in the past ,this is just my first time im going to remove them from the take and try to raise them..Iv been reading all about this stuff and going to try to do what everyone else has done for success .

gowebster

should i have the filter running?i was going to wait tell they get 10days old.If i should have it running ill put sponge around the intake..thanks for the idea falsepercula26

rod buehle

The point I was trying to make is to get the rotifer cultures going ASAP otherwise you wont have much success.
Did you order live rotifers so you could start a culture, or did you order rotifeast?
Dont use a filter at all until 20ish days.
good luck

gowebster

LIVE ROTIFERS coral copepods fry food w/ Phyto rotifer,,getting 3 bottles,,can i start a culture with this?

rod buehle

http:///forum/post/2939004
LIVE ROTIFERS coral copepods fry food w/ Phyto rotifer,,getting 3 bottles,,can i start a culture with this?
Is that one product, or 3 separate products that should be separated by comma's? If 3 separate, yes you can start a culture from the live rotifers, but you will need phytoplankton to feed them (rotifer diet)
If it is all one product, I am not familiar with that product. But, if the rotifers are truly alive, and if you can separate them, you should be able to get a culture, but it would be a whole lot easier to start a culture from just a live culture of rotifers... Especially with you very first culture. Now you will likely have too many variables to throw you off track