Clown Sweetlips?!?!?!?

well today at the LFS i saw the best clown sweetlips ever. when i saw these online, like picutres, i didn't give em much notice, but in real life these guys are awesome! well anywyas i went on an impulse and bought em.
lol anybody have any info on them.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by fishymaster776
well today at the LFS i saw the best clown sweetlips ever. when i saw these online, like picutres, i didn't give em much notice, but in real life these guys are awesome! well anywyas i went on an impulse and bought em.
lol anybody have any info on them.
Hope you have a BIG tank. These guys get huge. They require a tank of at least 180-200 gallons.
Also, when these guys are small they are very delicate and should not be kept with aggressive fish.

petjunkie

Also find an adult picture because they don't stay cute for long and can be hard to get feeding. They can also grow to over two feet long and are pretty shy, not good with aggressive fish.

ophiura

It is unlikely it will get large. Survival rate is very very poor...and yes, they do get large and not particularly attractive, if you are lucky.
I'm sorry to say, a fish I hate to see sold, and definitely one of the worst impulse buys possible, IMO :(
There are several threads on sweetlips - try the search.