Clown Trigger acts hungry but hasn't eaten in two weeks

Mantiss

My clown trigger is by himself in a 75 gal, for three years now. Since I last changed the water he's been a real picky eater. He stopped eating krill and would only eat formula one for a week or two. Now he doesn't seem to be eating at all. The weird thing is that he acts like he is hungry and will come to the top like he's ready to grab the food but when I put it in, either he backs away from it or he literally tries to grab it but it's like he's not seeing it properly and keeps missing it and gives up. I've tried krill, large shrimp, formula 1, plankton cubes, clams on a half shell. I had the water tested and they said it was ok.

Mantiss

It seems like it's an issue with his mouth, he used to move gravel around all the time, when I changed the water he quit doing that.
What is there to do if it's a teeth issue? They don't seem to be overly long from what I can tell but I'm not completely sure

When I was a kid my mom would often comment on my weight. One day she barged into the bathroom while I was taking a bath (another story for another day), pulled back the shower curtain (always closed intentionally), and saw that I had “two stomachs”. This discovery had her so distraught that she couldn’t remeber what she had come in to tell me (I now know she didn’t actually have something to tell me).

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited: