Clown Trigger question

drewster

I've been eyeing a clown trigger for awhile now and i want to know from you guys if I should get one or not. I currently have a 75 gallon reef tank. The only corals i have are pulsating xenia and green button polyps. I have a hermit crabs, snails, and one CC starfish. I have 1 percula clownfish, 1 coral beauty, 1 lawnmower blenny, and 1 yellow tang. I have about 80 lbs of live rock so he'd have plenty of hiding places. Am i going to have problems if i bought this guy? Is he gonna beat up my fish. Will he eat my corals? Any ideas guys?

reef boy

Unless you aren't to concerned about the corals and inverts you should be okay. I would watch him around the lawnmower blennie and the clown fish though.

mr . salty

First to go will be the crabs and snails,The clown and the blenny may be next. Trigger are a pretatory fish. Their instinct is to kill and eat. and it's not pretty. I'd highly advise against it. STEVE

drewster

Well damnit, somebody send me a vegetarian clown trigger!!!
I was afraid i wouldn't be able to get one. Oh well. Thanks for th info guys.

lionfish

It would be pretty nice to have a vegetarian trigger but life just isn't fair. I went to this new fish store in my town and he had no clue about salt water fish so he just ordered the most colorful fish. Well in the end his clown trigger had killed a coral beauty, flame angel, a couple different wrasses, some clownfish, an emperor angel,and an eel. To top it off he shoved all these fish in a 70 gallon tank. I was able to save the Royal Gramma though. The trigger also polished off a couple corals.
LionFish~

fishycouple

a Naso Tang is very pretty and "almost" looks like a trigger..LOL
The Naso is also reef safe, which makes him a "good guy"!
The adventure continues
Rick