clown trigger

mikeeyy

i just ordered a 5 to 6 inch clown trigger from marine depot live (excellent service and support!) i have a 9 inch volitans lion in a 155 gallon tank. i also have a bursa t and a humu t. will i have problems?i also have a 5 inch rock beauty angel and a raccoon butterflyfish,miniatus grouper and panther grouper. i had to get the clown trigger. theyre so beautiful!
ill send a pic when i get all set up! mike

balistidae

not to rain on your parade but you are going to have problems on many levels. First of all that tank is quite overstocked. The clown most likely will pick your volitan apart seeing how it is a more agressive trigger than the volitan and bursa. Also it is a risk mixing that many agressive triggers. Good luck but if i were you i would definately return some of your fish in there. Greg

jerrybsal

I have a 10" lion and a 5" clown trigger in a 125. they have been together 3 years and no problems yet...knock on wood. Feed them both well, and you should be ok.You are right they are the most beautiful fish out there.

H

hewetton

The problem is clown trigger could be very unpredictable at times.....especially bigger specimens.....wild-caught ones are quite aggressive. I wouldn't take a chance if I were you.

mikeeyy

ill just get another tank. i have a 29 that i could put water from my 155 in to put problem fish until i could buy another tank and get it cycled! i cant imagine getting a 3rd 100 plus gallon tank! i must be nuts! lol

mikeeyy

all my triggers,groupers and other fish get along great. no fighting or anything. the lion doesnt bother any either