clown trigger

65.stingray

I need someone with experence with clown triggers. I need to know if they can be raised without feeding it live food .

small triggers

YES,, where are you finding triggers that only live on live foods?? every one ive had had taken frozen right away... triggers are not a hard fish to convert they just want to be fed,, ALOT

ophiura

I agree. They are not very finicky fish in most cases.
Do not get super small clown triggers, the survival rate is not good. this is a BIG aggressive trigger that does need a sizable tank. I wouldn't consider it under a 200g, unless it is the only fish you want to keep. They can be reasonable for awhile and turn rather quickly. What size tank and what other fish do you keep?

65.stingray

Hi Susan & thanks for getting back to me. I have a 125 gal. with a 4" hippo tang, 4" naso tang, a 5" twin spot wrasse, & a pair of maroon clowns.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by 65.stingray
http:///forum/post/3176371
Hi Susan & thanks for getting back to me. I have a 125 gal. with a 4" hippo tang, 4" naso tang, a 5" twin spot wrasse, & a pair of maroon clowns.
I would never keep a clown trigger with these fish, certainly not in a 125. They simply are not community fish. Like ophiura said above, small CTs don't acclimate well and any CT you should get will already be big enough to raise havoc with your fish.I suspect your Naso would be a favorite 1st target.Once established, the CT becomes extremely aggressive toward just about anything. Mine recently killed a goldbar wrasse; a fish that is anything but wussy. The list of fish that do well with CTs is a very short one. Some authors even reccommend a species tank for them. These are beautiful fish, but I've had 3 of them and they all went postal, one was fine for several years before killing several fish and maiming a couple more---all on the same day. I give up, the CTs win.

noah's nemo

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3176525
I would never keep a clown trigger with these fish, certainly not in a 125. They simply are not community fish. Like ophiura said above, small CTs don't acclimate well and any CT you should get will already be big enough to raise havoc with your fish.I suspect your Naso would be a favorite 1st target.Once established, the CT becomes extremely aggressive toward just about anything. Mine recently killed a goldbar wrasse; a fish that is anything but wussy. The list of fish that do well with CTs is a very short one. Some authors even reccommend a species tank for them. These are beautiful fish, but I've had 3 of them and they all went postal, one was fine for several years
before killing several fish and maiming a couple more---all on the same day. I give up, the CTs win.
Well,hopefully mine will hold out that long.I'd be fine with that.I have plans for a 180 custom 8 foot in-wall,but not for another year or so.Stingray,and Fool, i say roll the dice,why not.I love my little trigger,and he is doing great, going on 3+ months.
Just saw how old this thread was
So stingray ,did you get one?