Clown w/ cloudy eye

billkil

I just recently purchased a 60 gallon tank that was already established for 2 years. I was able to keep about 30G of the original water during the move. The tank contains a saddleback clown and a yellow tail damsel. Also about 70lbs of LR and 30lbs LS. There are a half dozen or so corals as well. I did my first water change yesterday of about 15G's since the tank has been moved about two weeks ago. I had my water tested afterwards and everything looks great. Tonight when I came home from work I noticed that the clown has one clouded eye. Is this popeye? There has not been any signs of ich in the tank or on any of the fish prior to this. He has been eating like a pig and his swimming seems be normal. I do not have a anemone but he loves to lay in a toadstool leather. Any help would be appreciated.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No, popeye is literally an eye that is grossly poped out. Cloudy eye however, is a symptom of a problem. Do you have a separate hospital tank. You will need one in the even that treatment is necessary.

billkil

I have a 10 gal. tank and a small Rena 50 air pump. I have been reading some of the other posts regarding h/qt tanks. It looks like I still need a small filter,heater and some hiding place(PVC). It looks like I can use water from my main tank and then just do daily water changes to start the h/qt tank. Anything else? What do you recommend for treatment? Hypo. or something else?

billkil

Do any of the sharks or anyone else have any suggestions? Should I try using liquid garlic in the food for now or should I remove into h tank and begin some other treatment? What is the best way to treat a cloudy eye?