Clown With White Dot

jkp rules

Hey everyone. So I just bought a clown fish the other day and today I noticed he had a little white spot on the right side of his body above his pectoral fin. It's like a little white pin prick at the top of a raised area of skin.
Amonia and nitrites are 0
Nitrate's < 20 ppm
pH is 8.2
SG 1.026
The only other things in the tank are a manderin a bunch of nissarius, 2 turbos, a couple hermit crabs and two fiddler crabs. I can probubly get a picture up if that would help to diagnose it.

sepulatian

If you could get a picture, that would be great. What is the raised area? Is it a big lump or just slightly raised with the white dot on it?

jkp rules

I'll try and get a good picture. My camera's not all that great. the white dot is definately raised off the skin but the area around it is slightly raised as well. the area is also a little "irregular" looking. It's nothing particularly obvious, just slightly darker and maybe some odd scale pattern.

luke01

I had this on my hippo tang 1 year ago. Fresh water bath same temp as saltwater. 7 minutes. and but him back in the tank. It cured my hippo. he was almost dead when i but him back. I do not know what disease it is. My book told me to do this as a last ditch effort. and he is still alive today and doing well.

jkp rules

any idea if it could just run its course/is it contagious? I'd rather not dip the clown if I don't have to, but i don't want the manderin to pick it up either.

sepulatian

Honestly, that looks like Lymphocystis rather than ich. Is the white film just from the picture? How is his coloration? What about his appetite?

jkp rules

The white film is just from the picture, probably the flash catching some algae on the glass. Its coloration is fine. Good'ol nemo orange. I put some frozen mysis in the tank earlier and he was eating, but not with a lot of enthusiasm. But then again, I just got him yesterday and he's stressed.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JKP Rules
http:///forum/post/2676060
The white film is just from the picture, probably the flash catching some algae on the glass. Its coloration is fine. Good'ol nemo orange. I put some frozen mysis in the tank earlier and he was eating, but not with a lot of enthusiasm. But then again, I just got him yesterday and he's stressed.
Give him time then. What else do you feed your fish? Mysis is no where near enough. Buy frozen formula foods that have a variety of ingredients.

jkp rules

Right now all I have is pellets and mysis. Up until about a week ago all that was in the tank was some soft coral and an ocotpus. But then the octo died and I started repopulating with fish a few days ago. I used to work at a LFS, so I've got a pretty good idea of an appropriate diet. The sludge I need was out of stock the last time I was at the store.