clown wont eat

gmwilk

he has been in my tank since last wed... i have omega one flakes with garlic eats it and spits it out....frozen brine he had one little piece thats it...and i have some pellets not intrested in at all....my firefish eats the brine flakes and the pellets liek a pig....but not the clown the tank is about 4 weeks old...0 amm. 0 trites <10 trates.. ph 8.3 temp 78 1.024 sg about 8 dlk for alk

dawman

Try putting garlic with your frozen foods . Ocean Nutrition makes good quality foods . Try some formula one , two , and Prime Reef . Both flake and frozen available .

dawman

Also , it is a good idea to ask the LFS to feed the fish before buying them . Clowns especially will always eat if given the food .

bpaul1201

well how big is the clown? i have 2 that are only 2in max right know and i have to take a small piece of pellet and crumble it in the water for them to eat cuz the pellets are a lil big for them at the moment! i know that mine wont touch the formula 1 flake but well eat the pellets and my pods i have!

gmwilk

my clown is pretty small he is starting to eat some frozen brine shrimp only eats a few he goes after it and everyting but just after a few he is done and apparently my firefish does not like the red flakes eats it and spits it out think he will ever like it? the firefish is a pig with brine shrimp and the greenish flakes lol...he doesnt pay any attention to the pellets

rbrockm1

try cyclops with garlic extreme or baby brine with garlic. you said he was small right. these are even smaller foods for him to try and start eating. not garenteeing anything

dmitry

I'd recommend you definitely try cyclopeeze or arcti-pods. They're small enough for little Clowns and all the fish I've ever had went nuts for them.