clownfish dancing?

dnraiders

hi
i have a pair of true percs. the male faces up and starts twitching and vibrating around the female. anybody know what it means?
thanks

burch2006

do they do this before laying eggs? I've had eggs once, but they all disappeared. How often do clownfish lay eggs, and how do you tell their sexes?

bs21

the larger of the two will become the dominant female. The male, the smaller one, will twitch to show that he is submissive to her. not sure about egg laying. i have had my pair for almost two years now and they haven't laid eggs yet so?

jonthefishguy

Originally Posted by burch2006
do they do this before laying eggs? I've had eggs once, but they all disappeared. How often do clownfish lay eggs, and how do you tell their sexes?
It has nothing to do with egg laying.... Once they start laying eggs and everything is fine meaning they still feel comfortable and not threated or anything, they will lay eggs 8 days later they hatch. 21 days later they lay another batch, 8 days later they hatch and so on and so on and so on....

dnraiders

i am getting ready to reaquascape. i have no other fishes. will this reduce the time they might lay eggs in the future. should i get the fish out when i do this?
anyone have a picture of a pregnant clownfish?
thanks