clownfish - darkening

zeke92

i have a true, or false percula. not for sure wich, i forgot to ask when i first got it, probably too excited to think straight sicne i was my first, and only, saltwater fish.
anyway, lately he has gotten darker then usualy. i've had him for a few months now i think, and when i got him they all, in his tank, were bright orange and kinda young looking. is he r she just maturing, or is something wrong?
i'll try to get pictures soon.

dawman

Some clowns get darker when getting older . One thing you can try is feeding it Cyclop-eez , frozen or freeze dried . It helps brighten the orange and red colors in fish . I have notice a big difference since I started using it last year .

zeke92

he did get darker when i ran out of my cyclop eeze pellets...i'll try to get some more. thanks

brewski4u1

i have the same prob! i feed mine cylpeeze pelets and flake all the time and sometime brine soaked in garlic and they are both starting to get darker! they are true percs! and i got them when they were about half a inch! and bright as can be! not there a little over a inch and gettin darker :( i hope this is normal!

constantne

I have this problem too and hopefully someone can help out. I bought the brightest one in the store and now his color is pretty dark. He doesnt even like the cyclopeeze pellets.

colourmop

try the cyclopeeze bar, also I've heard that sometimes chemical from corals may cause them to become darker

constantne

Right now im giving mine microcrabs cyclop-eeze granules. I well let everyone know if his color gets any better.