Clownfish Death's

onyx

If you haven't already, I suggest removing the damsels before attempting to get any more clowns. As bang guy mentioned, clownfish and damselfish are both in the family of Pomacentridae. A 55 gal. is way to small to consider housing 4 members of this particular family IMO due to the aggressive nature of most damsels and several clowns (especially towards similar species).
While you may not have seen the damsels picking on the clown ,it may have happened while you were not watching and could definately have caused enough stress for the clown to die.
However, I believe Bang Guy is most likely correct in suggesting it may be from an internal parasite. Perhaps trying a different store may yield better results. Also, wild caught clownfish often can carry parasites with them and have a relatively bad track record compared to specimens born in captivity as ReefNutPA mentioned.
It is hard to say for sure what the problem is but, as I and others have said, try removing the damsels, going to a different fish store (if possible), quarentining the clownfish to ensure it isn't carrying any disease or parasite, and finally, get a clown that has been born in captivity to increase its chances of survival.
I have had 2 wild caught True Percs die on me over the past 2 years. One died in quarentine from a parasite it had most likely picked up at the fish store and the other died from an inability to adapt to life in captivity. Hope this helps and good luck,
Mike.

neoreef

If you are buying tank raised fish, you have a better chance. If the fish are exposed to wild caught fish, though, they can catch the same things that do in wild caught fish.
Are you quarantining these fish? If so, you could treat, perhaps prophylactically, for parasites.

jimvette1

Kube,
Did you test the water agan?

Your kit or the LFS?

Also what type of clowns are you buying? (There are aout 30 different kinds)
Australia Yellowtail Clarkii
Bicinctus Clownfish
Black & White False Percula -
Black Saddleback Clownfish
Black-footed Clownfish
Cinnamon Clownfish
Cinnamon Clownfish
Clarkii Clownfish
Clarkii Clownfish False Percula Clownfish
False Percula Clownfish
Just to name a few
Oh heck you get the idea.......
Aquacultured or Wild?
With more information maybe someone might be able to come up with a better solution....