Clownfish has dark spots?

beatlesfan

This may be normal but since I got my Male Clarkii clownfish he has had dark, not black or solid, just darkend spots on him. He eats and his fins are healthy and erect. This didn't just start it's been there since I got him and other than that he looks completely healthy.
Thanks Beastles Fan
P.S. It may just be nothing but
I just want to make sure.

beatlesfan

thanks but theres 2 problems with that. Theres only two spots and they are larger and... I dont' have any anenomes or corals.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Beatlesfan
thanks but theres 2 problems with that. Theres only two spots and they are larger and... I dont' have any anenomes or corals.
Can you please post a picture? He could have gotten stung at the LFS and the spots are darkening or it could be something different or nothing at all. A picture would realy help.

beatlesfan

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Can you please post a picture? He could have gotten stung at the LFS and the spots are darkening or it could be something different or nothing at all. A picture would realy help.
Sorry haven't been on in a while. I did find that the breeder had anenomes in the tank so that would explain it. THANKS!

darthsimon

I had a False pec Clown that had hypermelaninization spots... After 4 weeks in a Hyposalinity, they have really reduced down... Almost all gone the black blotches...

sepulatian

Originally Posted by DarthSimon
I had a False pec Clown that had hypermelaninization spots... After 4 weeks in a Hyposalinity, they have really reduced down... Almost all gone the black blotches...
They can darken with age as well. They are nothing more than scars.