Clownfish not eating ?

mukiwa

Yeah my 2 ocellaris clownfish do not seem to be eating..... they have lasted about 12 days since i got them. All the other fish are fine and are eating but not the 2 clownfish. Are they eating when i am not looking or what ? The one seems a little weak but the other one is doing very well.....

speg

What is it you're trying to feed them?
Have you tried something like cyclop-eeze whole freeze dried/frozen? My clowns love this stuff.

mukiwa

I gave them some flakes and some sun dried baby shrimp but the 1 seems to like the dried shrimp but not the other one who looks weak and is lacking color compared to the other one.

irish rage

You may want to try some sort of frozen food instead. My true percs used to like the freeze dried shrimp but now will barley eat it and have never liked flake. I'm currently feeding mine Prime Reef and they love it. Just thaw it in tank water and break it up before putting it in the tank. If all else fails you can always try frozen brine until they get a little more comfortable in their new home.
On a side note, how long did you acclimate them prior to adding them to the tank? Did you ask the fish store person what they were feeding them?

mukiwa

How does acclimaition involve this ? I gave them planty of time to acclimate, it took me about an hour or and hour and 1/2....... I got them online not threw a local fish store..... and i don't know where i could get any brime shrimp around where i live.... i would have to get it threw the mail...

speg

Seriously though - go buy some cyclop-eeze whole freeze dried and call me in the morning.