Clownfish poop

i just saw my clownfish with white stringy poop! The water quality is just fine and I just did a water change! Is that normal?

lmforbis

Metroplex.
You bind it to food with Seachem focus. They need to get it into their gut so it works best bound to food.

lmforbis

You can call around. Or pay for faster shipping. If you know somebody with amazon prime who can place the order for you then you get free 2 day shipping. I am not positive but I don't think intestinal worms will kill them really fast. Certainly not like velvet. Are they generally pretty fat and well fed.

You can call around. Or pay for faster shipping. If you know somebody with amazon prime who can place the order for you then you get free 2 day shipping. I am not positive but I don't think intestinal worms will kill them really fast. Certainly not like velvet. Are they generally pretty fat and well fed.
Yeah she is generally well fed unless she does not want to eat... I'll try to find people that are amazon prime that can get quicker shipping... it's just in the north shipping sucks, I'm getting a new shipment of fish soon? Do you think her parasites can spread?

lmforbis

Potentially. The metroplex is the med and the focus binds it to their food. You can feed it directly to the fish in your regular tank. You can do the same to your new fish to get rid of any worms they may have.

Potentially. The metroplex is the med and the focus binds it to their food. You can feed it directly to the fish in your regular tank. You can do the same to your new fish to get rid of any worms they may have.
So if I get metroplex, I can just give it to the fish? And focus is just to bind it with food so it will be more appealing to the fish?

lmforbis

No if you don't bind it to the food it will be diluted by the water and not help. They need to eat the metroplex and binding it to the food is how you do that. The medicine needs to get to their intestines to kill the worms.
Where in the north do you live?

No if you don't bind it to the food it will be diluted by the water and not help. They need to eat the metroplex and binding it to the food is how you do that. The medicine needs to get to their intestines to kill the worms.
Where in the north do you live?
Yellowknife, oh and do the worms live in the tank now?

lmforbis

Is that Canada?

I don't believe they are generally transmitted through the water but if one fish eats another's poop and that poop has live worms the fish will get them, kind of like dog worms.

one-fish

Shouldn't this fish be kept in QT due to individual feedings soaked in meds and potentially spreading of the parasite...do see shipping is a prob. my .02

lmforbis

Not really with intestinal worms. All fish should be fed the medicated food. When the metroplex is bound to the food it can be used in the display tank.