Clownfish tank mate?

My fiance currently has a 30 gallon SW tank at the phar macy he works at. About a month ago he bought a clarkii clownfish, and 2 peppermint shrimp. So the tank consists of:
Clarkii (1.5 -2 inches)
2 Pepermint shrimp
1 turbo snail
4 Nass. snails
2 white legged hermits
What would be a good tank mate for Mr. Clarkii?
Tank Specs:
Setup for 3-4 months I cant remember for certain, 30 gallon, 30lbs of LR, 20 lbs LS
Amm-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
pH-8.3
Also it will eventually be a reef tank

dmv

I had two blue green chromis in with mine for a while some will argue that the tank was to small but as long as there is room to swim chromis were happy you could also go with a small goby like a fire fish some web sites also have a chart which is very helpfull to show compatability good luck .

Originally Posted by DMV
http:///forum/post/2526834
I had two blue green chromis in with mine for a while some will argue that the tank was to small but as long as there is room to swim chromis were happy you could also go with a small goby like a fire fish some web sites also have a chart which is very helpfull to show compatability good luck .
Thanks for your help. From what I've read Clarkii clowns were pretty agressive and since he was already 1.5-2 inches I wasn't sure if he would get to agressive. If he chose to get a Firefish should he re-arrange the rock work upon introducing the new fish? Would this cut back on some of the agression? He really likes clown gobies. Could he just get 1 clown goby to go with his Clarkii?
Thanks,
Amy

dmv

Some people say its good to rearange live rock and add new fish at night as far as the fish to add im kinda new to salt water so I wouldnt want to steer you in the wrong direction , this is were all the guys with 1000,s of post are supposed to chime in

osuaquarist

I would think that most gobys would be ok. They are usually rock and bottom dwellers, and my clowns tend to stick near the top. Usually you can add fish if they enhabit differant areas of the tank. A clown goby would be nice since it could hide in the rockwork/corals if he happened to be picked on.

ga1004peach

I have a shrimp goby with my clown and never any problems. I think a yashami (spelling) goby. I've always been told 3 fish are better than just 2. He could also get a wrasse. I had one until he got to big for my tank.

Originally Posted by HowardJ
http:///forum/post/2540052
Sixline Wrasse's are cool

I like your avatar A&B2! Is that your frogspawn?
How hardy would you say the wrasse's are?
Thanks! It's not my frogspawn, but I do have a head that looks almost identical!! Mine is in my rockwork instead of near the sand. I just noticed 2 tiny new heads starting, so I am soooo excited to get it growing!