clownfish

hunt

will an orange and a black false percula clown mate, how long can this take to happen, ive had the orange one for about a year and the black one for about a half a year. Since i had the orange one first for 6 months could it have been a male, and will the smaller black one be female?

D

deadly_legend

they can pair up and mate, and whichever is larger is the female, since they are the dominiant ones. and i have no idea how long it could take, all depends on the clowns

hunt

Yeah, i have a six line wrass(peaceful) and a valentini puffer. Im honestly not going to try to mate them because after reading up on breeding them, i decided not to because it would cost me upwards of $100.

bang guy

Since they are both Ocellaris Clownfish they will certainly bond and will probably mate. The larger Clownfish is usually the female.

skate020

yeh, ive got a pair, one is b/w and the other is a true perc, they have spawned on me but became fish food, they can spawn with their own time, might be in a week, might be in a year, they might not ever mate. but yehh.

hunt

well i think theyve bonded, they sleep right next to eachother at the top of the back wall near my heater. they swim around with eachother to.

kiefers

I like the clowns, and with yours being different it would be interesting to see how they turn out. Keep me posted. Do you know anything about the picasso clowns?

Originally Posted by Hunt
http:///forum/post/3220215
will an orange and a black false percula clown mate, how long can this take to happen, ive had the orange one for about a year and the black one for about a half a year. Since i had the orange one first for 6 months could it have been a male, and will the smaller black one be female?
The larger of the two will become the female. The smaller the male. Any juveniles would remain nutureal.