Clowns Acting wierd

promisetbg

Originally Posted by Jcarroll
Hey guys, I just read this whole thread from the beginning and I mean no disrespect if I'm wrong, but I think this guys is just pulling all of your legs. If you read the whole thing, you'd probably feel the same way too. Waste of time if you ask me. I apologize to the thread starter if I'm wrong, but noone I know would just jump into it and not even know about the cycle and live rock, they'd atleast ask a FEW questions before starting a tank and this guy has asked none, which is apparent by the amount of his knowledge on the subject, so I'd say move on everyone.
I thought troll too...but hey if it is legit then what?

meisacao

He may have jumped in without researching. Ten years ago, when this hobby wasn't so popular I tried to start a new saltwater tank. I had NO experience and had two fish stores actually tell me to put water in, treat it with aquasafe, buy a couple of powerheads and the rest would be set up just like saltwater tank. It was a huge costly mistake!!!!! I trusted a fish store that only sold saltwater fish but had no idea what they were doing. It took me 9 years a a great deal of research to attempt it a second time around. With the right amount of research you can have a beautiful and easy tank. But it only comes easy with research. Don't argue with these guys when you're asking questions, the people on this board know what they are doing. I've gained more knowledge from this site than any book, but I still strongly suggest you read, read, read. There is no local fish store that is 100% trustworthy. Face it, they are making money or they wouldn't be running a store. These people are right about the size of your fish and the size of your tank. He may last for a few weeks, but in the long run you are more than likely going to lose him. He can not last forever in that small of a tank. I have a spiny box puffer that I started out in a 39 gallon tank because I bought him out of a five gallon, but eventually I moved hime to a 90 gallon tank. He was great in the small tank for the few months it took to get the larger tank going, but now he is thriving and happy in a larger tank. you have to do research on EVERY single fish you purchase. They are all different.

flighter x

Yea cheers, and yea basically i have jumped right in, the fish still doing fine at this moment. and just say they do last over a week. or month w/e happens ill upgrade to bigger tank. and yes i have plastic plants and cheapy pebbles, but to me it seems the clown is either playing dead on it, or has taken it for new home, becoz he swims around from time to time fine, if u dont beleive me i can shock u all and show u how crap the tank is prob to some of urs. but i only started and jumped right in with not much funds.

flighter x

Originally Posted by Jcarroll
Hey guys, I just read this whole thread from the beginning and I mean no disrespect if I'm wrong, but I think this guys is just pulling all of your legs. If you read the whole thing, you'd probably feel the same way too. Waste of time if you ask me. I apologize to the thread starter if I'm wrong, but noone I know would just jump into it and not even know about the cycle and live rock, they'd atleast ask a FEW questions before starting a tank and this guy has asked none, which is apparent by the amount of his knowledge on the subject, so I'd say move on everyone.
So what if i dont ask questions, i dont know any questions to even ask, how am i meant to know about live rock and cycle wen all i want is a nemo. all i see it as, is aslong as it got water. and food, itll live. im no novice to this, im super novice. and how would i know to do research on a fish wen in shop all its kept in is glass tank with plastic plant and little sand. and 17 yrs of age. ive just treated it like goldfish i won.