Clowns And Anemone!

L

limshady

ok i know your not suppose to mix clowns but i have 2 perc clowns and a tomato clown, i also have a sebea anenome. the perc clown have been in the tank for 5 days anenomes has been in for 4 days and tomatoe clown for 1 day. how long dose it take for them to even notice the anenome? or even host it.
:help:

sk8rguy

i have a perc and it took about a month b4 it would go into the anenome. ( bta) as for mixing clowns i would say as long as your tank is large enough for them to have their own area and they dont fight u should b cool. u might also wanna get another host for even less of a chance to fight.

zanoshano

How big is this tank? I had the exact same senerio with 2 percs and one tomato, the tomato was very aggresive, i removed him a few days ago. He had been hosting t he anenome for about a month. Now that he is gone, neither of the false peric's have taken to it. Its just a matter of time if it does happen, but it may not even happen at all. Just depends on the fish and the anenome i guess.

L

limshady

My tank is 37 gal. it seems like none of the clowns even notice it.
btw my anemone was on the top of the rocks and fell down on the sand is that ok?:nervous:

loup

as long as anemone isn't pale looking, its probably still looking for a good spot. as for your clowns, in such a small tank, a fight is gonna happen.

thegrog

I agree with loup in that in your tank, a fight IS going to happen. Loose one type of clown.
As far as the anemone, what type of lighting do you have? If they are moving around it is usually a sign that things are not right for it.