clowns and anneomies?

L

limshady

is it possiable to have 2 per clowns and 2 anenomes in a 40 gal tank?

oceana

whats your lighting? how old is tank?
what kind or anemone?
if all these question have good answers then maybe if the clowns are the same kind and brought in at the same time

L

limshady

well i dont know wat kind of aneomes to get plus i heard that anenomes fight each other.

T

thomas712

As long as it was 2 clowns and one anemone that split into 2.
Otherwise don't mix species of clowns, least thats my advise. I've seen it done though, sometimes with bad results.
Thomas

T

thomas712

As an example, Bubble tip anemones split by fission, one day you wake up and there are two. I started with one over 4 years ago, I have about 12 or 13 now. Here are several on one rock.

snipe

Way to go Thomas you know your doing something right when you have something as delicate as an anemone splitting. P.S. I would be trading though for something els or selling lol you have quite a few.
I agree dont mix speciese of clowns they will fight. And dont mix species of Anemone's they will fight also. You have to have high output lighting before getting an anemone and it has to be a good size tank "not huge but say a 10 or 15 gallon would probly be to small for the anemones for sale to the hobbiest".

L

limshady

nice bubbles and thanks for the info. so im gonna go buy two per clowns and 2 ? anenomies same kind. but wat do u guys recomend for an anenomie

gfk

get 2 percs and 1 anenome not 2
percs pair up. therefore why get 2 anenomes if they both host one only? they arent going to split up and each have their own.
edit: carpet anenomes or bubble tip would be ok

snipe

in a 20 gallon I would go with a mini carpet. There smaller and wont grow as big as the big carpets or bubble tip. The reg carpets and bubble tip reach around 12 inches "if im thinking of the right one" and the mini carpets wont get as big as them.