clowns and shrimp

quakstar

I was thinking about getting a mated pair of snowflake clowns and dedicating a 30 gallon to just them... I was also thinking about also getting a mated pair of banded shrimp... If i had an anemone and good rock work in a 30 gallon long would the two pairs be fine together???

invertcrazy

when you say two pair---- If you are talking about a pair of clowns and a pair of shrimp, I would say yes although some say coral banded shrimp can be quite aggressive. I have never had a problem with them but I never had a mated pair.
If you are talking about two pair of clowns or two pair of cbs then i'd say no.

quakstar

oh no i was talking about one of each yeah i had a pair of coral banded's one time b4 and they were great but i had to get rid of them bc of aquarium space... But now i was setting up a tank for just a pair of clowns and was hoping to possibly put them in as well... I guess it was all depend on how good of rock work i can get setup for it whether or not i am able to get one pair of clowns and one pair of shrimp bc i don't want to spend god knows for a set of snowflake clowns to have a coral banded make him a snack

defcon11

yeah, I think that they'd work together.
The only thing is if you're trying to raise clown fry, I would remove the CBS when the clowns started mating for fear of them eating the clown eggs
. That would be my only concern.

quakstar

yeah or vice versa with the dinner that the clowns would get when the cb gave birth it looks like a snow storm coming out her but haha it is amazing