clowns at top of tank

manners

i have had had 2 ocellaris clowns for 4 months, just in the last 3 weeks they are constantly swimming at the top of the tank (besides the odd dart around the tank) and the sleep in the bottom corner. the seem like they want food because when i approch the tank they get excited but im sure im feeding them enough and they get a good variety of brine,mysis, krill, and pellets. there colour is good and they seem healthy. is this normal behavior?

efrank

It seems normal. Clowns are friendly and will eat as much as you feed them. Im reading more and more that three small feedings a day is best if you have the time.

xxianxx

im haveing the same prolbom my 2 clowns are swiming at the top of the tank. it seems likethey dnt like all my lr?

4clownfish

Recently bought 3 clownfish. Except they only eat what they can eat, and spit out what they wanted to. I noticed if any thing vibrating or making sounds, will effect where they hang out at and eventually get "depressed" if something is to obnoxious. They do some weird things for sure. Like hang upside down when they get tired. Kick up sand and all kinds of things.

R

roundboy

I have had my False Perculas for about 7 months now and I noticed after I turn off the light the female goes to the anemone and the male stays in the top corner nearest the anemone. I've read somewhere that the male is basically watching over the female.

culp

when my light is on my clown fish are swimming around the tank and bugging all the other fish. but when the light goes off they go straight to the top and hang out there until the light is back on.

spiderwoman

In all of my tanks I've noticed different behaviour with my clown pairs. IN the RSM nano my Picasso Clownfish was right up in the top of the tank as soon as lights went out. After they finally found the GBTA, they have been sleeping inside it.
In the 75g reef my pair lives inside the RBTA and in the 150g reef my dumb mixed pair has not found the anemone or don't know what to do with it, but they hang around the bottom left front corner of the tank. They hardly ever go up to the top. Could it be that the flow is too much up there, I do have 2 Tunze 6100 and 1 Tunze 6101 at full blast in there.