Clown's left eye bulging

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How long have you had the clown and what type of tank do you have it in? What are the water readings, including nitrate and phosphate?
When is the last time you did a water change, and what are you feeding the clown? Do you have a hospital tank?

reeferdude

I have had him in the tank for about 2 months, I did a water change about 3 hours ago. He is eating frozen brine shrimp and he is more or less in a hospital tank because he lives in a 10 gallon with a shark egg. I had a good friend of mine tell me it was pop eye and to treat it with melafix.

susiepan

reef,
it sounds like pop eye, but melafix wont help that..its kinda good for fin repair and such, but you need a more aggresive med then melafix..
Maybe maracyn II, but you cant have any inverts when you use it, they cant take it, and would dye..
Gl
~Susie :rolleyes:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to treat it with Maracyn2 [double dose]. However, what is a shark egg??

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since you're not exactly forthcoming with info about your 10gal tank with a shark egg in it, I'll just leave you with this piece of advise. If you plan on hatching a shark in a 10 gal tank, then I suggest that you don't medicate or treat that tank.