clowns

stacy

Do you have a particular clown in mind? The tomatoes and maroons are pretty aggressive and will not work. The perculas, skunks, and a couple others however seem to do O.K. in a group. Never the less you probably won't have any success mixing the different species.

stupid_naso

Wow I didn't know that ocellaris is that aggressive. They supposedly are the friendliest of all clowns. Well I guess it's wrong. Then again those false percs already established their territory. I am not surprised they attacked the maroons.
If you want to put more than one clown together, make sure you have plenty of rocks to hide. Also make sure you introduce them in the same time. And stay away from maroon and tomato, the more aggressive of all clowns.
There is someone I remember, having a maroon, a skunk and a domino damsel, living together in one tank and in one anemone. So it's possible.
stupid_naso

recall_retire

well..i don't know what u all would think about this.. i'm doing some test by putting common clown & tomato clown in my 1 1/2 feet tank , running only with xternel filter, some lr, carbon, petty light & ls. they seems ok with no problem of fighting each other... only u need to do, start with release them together at the same time in the tank..try it

twoods71

viper2oo7,
I think its kind of hit or miss with mixing clowns and there are many variables to consider like tank size, amout of LR, and types of clowns.
I ran a 29 for a while with 3 clowns. A tomatoe, a percula, and sebae. They all got along great at first but a few months later as the tomatoe got bigger he became aggressive and started chasing the other clowns around a little.
Now in my 55 I have a pair of percs and a sebae and they got along fine with a rare and very short spat a few times a month.