CoCo Feather Duster, Cluster Duster ??

weber518

Just saw something new in the tank, i've now seen about 5-6 of them. They are white possibly cluster duster or Coco Duster. I only know these names because i looked feather duster up and found these two that looked the closest. Actually it looks most like the cluster duster except they are not in clusters. They are a few in close proximity. Are they safe in your tank, should i be concerned or excited that my tank has new life that i did not add ? I personally have not problem with them they are actually pretty cool to see and they do retract very quickly when scared by a fish, but comes out within 30 seconds of going in to it's hiding spot. I did try to get a picture but could not get it to focus properly. What do u all think.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by WEBER518
Just saw something new in the tank, i've now seen about 5-6 of them. They are white possibly cluster duster or Coco Duster. I only know these names because i looked feather duster up and found these two that looked the closest. Actually it looks most like the cluster duster except they are not in clusters. They are a few in close proximity. Are they safe in your tank, should i be concerned or excited that my tank has new life that i did not add ? I personally have not problem with them they are actually pretty cool to see and they do retract very quickly when scared by a fish, but comes out within 30 seconds of going in to it's hiding spot. I did try to get a picture but could not get it to focus properly. What do u all think.
there harmless filter feeders and a nice little hitchhicker

featherduster

Its most likely a cluster of dusters. Not sure unless a picture is shown. Are there a bunch of tubes intertwined?
And I wouldn't worry about them. They are cool little guys to have.

weber518

very small but easily seen with the

[hr]
eye. I tried a pic but could not get it to focus. They do look like clusters but i cannot see tubes intertwined because of the size and position right now. Also does anyone know how big they can or will get ? Also i have a cc star, will that be a problem ?

jmerk

I doubt that the star would not be a prob but I think that those dusters will get about 3"-5" tall. Not huge but the kind you have will be a nice addition to your tank.