College Football 2004

liverock27

Miles is taking over a very good and experienced LSU team next year. They are returning most of their starters on offense. Only question will be trying to replace their two Defensive Ends.

thedude

WOW, the dude, I really like your teams new football helmet avatar. Is that the helmet the boys form Troy will wearing for the game?

Yes, they will also be wearing tights and lederhosen....
the guy in the picture is Tommy Trojan, our mascott :rolleyes:
Im really not that into the s**t-talking, actions speak louder than words...so like I already said above...if you dont know you suck, your about to get shown

reefraff

Originally posted by Wrassecal
Yesterday Cal proved why they did NOT deserve a BCS bowl and today Texas proved why they did. :D PAC 10 - Big 10

What did Texass prove, that when neither team is playing defense the last team lucky enough to get the ball usually wins? Entertaining games but the lack of D in the fourth quarter was rather embarrasing. I figured Cal would lose, they were playing in a game they got screwed over to be in. Doesn't say much for the character of the team that they didn't play hard. Oh well, 24 hours and counting........

wrassecal

Originally posted by theDude
Yes, they will also be wearing tights and lederhosen....
the guy in the picture is Tommy Trojan, our mascott :rolleyes:
Im really not that into the s**t-talking, actions speak louder than words...so like I already said above...if you dont know you suck, your about to get shown

Tommy Trojan - cute name...anyway you started it and I'm gonna tell Mom!!!!
P.S. Thanks for just saying we suck and not that we are toothless trailer trash.
Reefraff - If Cal wanted to be able to say they were screwed over, they should have played like it. Either they aren't as good as they were ranked or they rolled over like a bunch of babies. If the latter is true then your right, they lack character.
You know it's wierd in football how they have that clock thing going on. Just seems that once it winds down for the fourth time, the team with the most points on the board always wins.

ty_05_f

Man WHY can't the Hokies catch a ball? Come on if they could catch the ball in the endzone instead of dropping it and not miss the field goal they would be winning right now. They should have had those.

moraym

War damn eagle almost war damn choked!
But thank god they didnt, still in the money in my bowl picks.
Tommy's gotta be steamed about not putting up 3 TDs in the first half, and letting in the last long bomb for a tek TD.
Would 28-6 been enough to put em into #1 in a poll? Doubt it, but wouldve made tomorrow so much more interesting. Still feel bad for Tommy's Tigers, not to take anything away from USC/OK, but to go 13-0 in the SEC has to count for something.

moraym

Originally posted by Ty_05_f
Come on if they could catch the ball in the endzone instead of dropping it and not miss the field goal they would be winning right now. They should have had those.

Yeah, but if they'd had those then the Tigers wouldn't be playing so conservative on offense and defense for the last 11 minutes. Auburn's "playing not to lose" for the last 11 minutes almost cost them. Running the ball on third and 9, and playing a soft Cover-2, almost ended up nipping them. At least the game got exciting towards the end.

wrassecal

I know pretty much everyone has an easy one or two in their schedule but, SEC aside when 1/4 of your regular season is against The Citadel, LA Monroe and LA Tech you don't have the schedule to compete for number 1. They should have gotten to play Utah.

reefraff

Originally posted by Wrassecal
Tommy Trojan - cute name...anyway you started it and I'm gonna tell Mom!!!!
P.S. Thanks for just saying we suck and not that we are toothless trailer trash.
Reefraff - If Cal wanted to be able to say they were screwed over, they should have played like it. Either they aren't as good as they were ranked or they rolled over like a bunch of babies. If the latter is true then your right, they lack character.
You know it's wierd in football how they have that clock thing going on. Just seems that once it winds down for the fourth time, the team with the most points on the board always wins.

Cal, AZ State and USC should all be in the mix again next year (barring injuries etc.) if they were for real this year.

dicemanj

You need to throw the Buckeyes in the mix next year.
Finished strong, and Tressel knows how to win.
Another BCS game for the Bucks.
:jumping: :cheer:

ty_05_f

Thats what I don't get if Tommy knows style points count run the score up! Don't play conservative.

liverock27

Out of confrence games is the only downfall for AU. But how many top ten teams did OU and USC beat. AU beat 4, UT, UGA, LSU, and VaTech. I agree they should have played Utah, but that is the BCS for you.

reefraff

Early game prediction (OU driving across mid feild on thier 1st possession).
If SC can stay in the game in the first half they have a chance. If OU starts moving the ball SC is in big trouble. The Sooners look very poised.

reefraff

Originally posted by bonzarelli
Can You Say U S C

Don't get cocky, a 21 point lead ain't no sure thing if OU quits screwing up on offence and gets Petersen going.
By the way, to who ever spiked Oklahoma's water... BLESS YOU!

ty_05_f

Man they can't stop falling down! USC is playing very well though even though we give you points.

reefraff

I really thought OU's experience on the line and QB qould lead to a lot of first half points while SC's young players would be temid for the first quarter or so. I think the stupid play on the punt by the OU player opened the door.
Unless OU can get the run going they are done. Second half time.

wrassecal

Yep, second half 45 -10 and I have to say at this point.............
we're not worthy

Stoops has gone to the national championship game 3 times in 6 years and won once...so in the Sooner nation we know there's always next year.
Just gotta live through the guys being mad and the girls being sad