Colorado Springs trustworty Fish Stores?

baserronin

Hi Guys, I am getting very mixed messages from the local fish-stores here about the FOWLR predator tank I am setting up. Anyone in Colorado Springs have an opinion on which fish-stores to frequent that might know enough about Triggers and the like to be trustworthy? I got very nervous when I got the exact opposite information within 10 minutes talking to two people in the same store...

davebrace5533

hey i was stationed at ft carson. the one off north academy and union is probably the best place for knowledge and prices. I would stay away from,the one off nevada and fillmore. they are over priced and will say anything to get a sale.

baserronin

Thanks Dave. Union and Academy is the one that made me nervous, it was the two owners (husband and wife) that gave me such differing opinions. The wife seems to have given me the correct information, so if it comes down to it I will just deal only with her...their prices seem to be pretty consistantly good at least.
I picked up the same thing you mentioned talking to the guys down on Fillmore.
What about the store in Old Colorado City? Ever deal with him?

mx#28

Originally Posted by BaserRonin
http:///forum/post/2536063
What about the store in Old Colorado City? Ever deal with him?
Neptune's Realm, I think it is??
I'm not in the Springs that often, but I've been to this store a couple of times. It's not fantastic, but the owner has quite a few years experience and had good answers to the few questions I asked. I got some pom-pom Xenia from the display tank, which was full of xenia sp. and anthellia. Tons of it. It wouldn't hurt to check it out.

baserronin

Thats the one. He seems like a stand-up guy. So if no one has had any really bad experiences that are directly the owners fault I will check it out

davebrace5533

ya he does do a pretty good deal with telling the truth about stuff. the one on academy i would only deal with the wife, it was her store and her husband just started working there after he got out of the military.