Colt Coral needs a trim

sparky

I have had my colt coral for about 3 months. Two months ago I set up a new 80 gal. reef tank and transfered him and my other corals into this tank. Since he has been in here, he grown by leaps and bounds. Started off about 6-8 in now close to 15-16 inches. He is getting to the point now where he will soon reach the top of my tank. What is the easiest way to give him a "trim"?? I was gonna move him to another location, but he has grown attached to several other rocks. Thanks for you ideas. :)

dburr

You can cut any limb off of him with a shrap razor or scissors. Take him out of the tank because it will slime up pretty good.(The slime is not good for other inhabitants). You can make frgs with these limbs buy supergluing them to rocks. Because of the slime it didn't work for me, but after you glue dip them in salt water immediatly so it don't heat up. Super glue heats up when curing. I just put them in a glass with sand and sit them on the bottom of the tank, make sure they don't float around the tank. After a few weeks they will be secure to some of the sand and you can superglue them to anything. I use the gel superglue It's not as messy. Good luck! :cool:

wetone

Sparky
I also have a colt that grows like crazy. I cut pieces off with surgical scissors and then

[hr]
the piece about 1" from the bottom with a plastic toothpick. I then elastic band this frag to some rubble rock and within 2 weeks the colt is attached and you can slide the toothpick out.
good luck