colt coral shrinking?

billabonk

hi... i have this colt coral for 1 month now and it's been great but this past couple days they shrink and become smaller and smaller.. i don't know what happened because the other coral that i have are fine. now i quarantine the colt coral to a net in the tank.. i dont know what should i do next. or what is the cause? thank you

fatcat

My colt dose this all the time same with my devils hand leather they seem to shrink for about a week then open up bigger then they were before... I think it has some thing to do with them growing...
It's perfectly normal...
O ya take it out of the net it's only going to stress it...

schnutzzy

How long has your tank been running? I had a pink (injected color) colt and it did the same thing. My tank was about 2 months old and mine kept shrinking until it was gone. Mine never showed any bad signs except shrinking, but I now don't think my water quality was right because the tank was so new.

billabonk

Originally Posted by FaTcAt
http:///forum/post/2599845
My colt dose this all the time same with my devils hand leather they seem to shrink for about a week then open up bigger then they were before... I think it has some thing to do with them growing...
It's perfectly normal...
O ya take it out of the net it's only going to stress it...
really, because now i seen white line i`m just worry that flat worm might eat it... what do you think i should do?

billabonk

Originally Posted by schnutzzy
http:///forum/post/2599906
How long has your tank been running? I had a pink (injected color) colt and it did the same thing. My tank was about 2 months old and mine kept shrinking until it was gone. Mine never showed any bad signs except shrinking, but I now don't think my water quality was right because the tank was so new.

i mean the tank been running for years but i just move for 3-4 months. so i don't know but my other corals are fine.. yup this one was shrinking and now i see like white wrinkle on it.. i never have colt coral so i don't know what happened to it...

A

alexmir

The colt coral get a waxy coating once every few weeks, they shrink real small, and then the flow blows the coating off in a few days and it is back to normal.....Mine does this about 3 times every two months.
should be nothing to worry about.

billabonk

so the white wrinkle it`s not a problem? i took your advice by put it back on the rock, hope it would be ok soon.. thank you

my time

What was the outcome of your colt? Did it survive? I have a colt that is about 2 years old,after 1 year it was about 14 inches tall and now for the past year its been getting smaller.aprox. 6 inches tall now.