Colt or Kenya tree (was told it was a leather) I just want to know what coral it acctually is.

katsafados

Cool, are kenyas part of the leather family? I bought this off bigals in my area, they had it right next to a powerhead and it was shrivled. They thought it was dying and were still selling it for $60. I talked to one of the guys and said I'll take it for $20 since its "dying". Brought it home to my tank, within 3 days it was so big that it covered half my tank(one piece). So I fragged it into 6 pieces, and sold those back to big als for $15 a piece lol. Now I think its ready to be fraged again!
What a great buy! The guy I sell them back to is also the guy that gave the coral to me for $20 haha! Gotta love clueless people!

katsafados

Another question, will it cause any harm to a monti if they are touching? I know the chalice will sting it if it gets to close, I already got to see that.
Thanks

katsafados

In a 10g, all your corals touch! lol
Theres a ton of pictures I posted of my tank in the nano section (katsafados 10g something or other). If you see that, youll have a heart attack, all my corals touch with no real major effects. I try to get corals that dont sting, so I can let them grow into eachother.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsafados http:///forum/thread/383042/colt-or-kenya-tree-was-told-it-was-a-leather-i-just-want-to-know-what-coral-it-acctually-is#post_3347025
In a 10g, all your corals touch! lol
Theres a ton of pictures I posted of my tank in the nano section (katsafados 10g something or other). If you see that, youll have a heart attack, all my corals touch with no real major effects. I try to get corals that dont sting, so I can let them grow into eachother.

You must run some carbon...all coral stings a little don't they???
I was told even a mushrooms will kill an SPS coral by stinging it to death.
I don't think kenya is a bad stinger, it is safe for seahorse tanks and they can't have any stinging coral with them at all..

katsafados

I run carbon and phosphate remover 24/7 since day one..
Shrooms sting, because they are an anenome.. But I dont think all corals sting? Unless I learn a new thing today:p. Ive handled my corals without gloves, and alot, never had any irritation from any of them.