Columbian hi fin sharks

lion_crazz

No, I think he is actually talking about the brackish type that lives in saltwater as an adult.
I have a good bit of experience with these guys, so I can provide help if needed.

julius

Yea I have 2 of those the brackish ones they are about 8in in length,what is the total length that these guys get, So far they dont do to much damage as in rearranging the live rock. Those 2 can eat though they can suck down some shrimp.

sepulatian

Thast is my favorite shark!!!! I recently aclimated one into my salt, and I am in the middle of aclimating two more!!! they are so cool, and talk about endurance. I dumped the water from the other Columbian I aclimated (5 gall tank) and started 2 new babies. I looked at the tank tonight!............................Forgot to turn the heater back on!!! was 64 degrees......brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I put the heater on, and all is good. Those fish are VERY hearty!!! My favorite shark. Even from salt. salt sharks are so hard to keep, these guys are awsome!!! and yes, they are BIG eaters

sepulatian

They are very peacefull, they slow down when they get larger, but beware, though they look harmless, they will eat anything that fits in their mouth, and it opens WIDE!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Actually Lion I believe they are one and the same, they are called many things. My fave
Yep, you're right, there are many common names, but I was not sure what "freshwaher" species marooney was talking about, so I did not want anyone being confused. This type of shark is in no way a freshwater fish.

julius

I have a Domino Damsel in there along with 2 triggers so far so good the CHFS they havent ate the damsel yet. They havent even taken a nip at him.

reeftank27

i went right from fresh to salt with no problems and have had him for over 2 years, he is a fatty and is about 10 inches long, i have read they can get up to 18 inches they like to be in schools of fish, mine wouldnt leave my stingray alone. now he has a new buddy to pester. my sailfin tang.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by reeftank27
i went right from fresh to salt with no problems and have had him for over 2 years, he is a fatty and is about 10 inches long, i have read they can get up to 18 inches they like to be in schools of fish, mine wouldnt leave my stingray alone. now he has a new buddy to pester. my sailfin tang.
you just put him from fresh to salt without acclimating him? I would not have tried that, but hey if it worked, my hat is off to you! and YES, they will adopt anyone into their school!lol as long as they have someone to swim with!

reeftank27

yeah the pet store guy had them in his saltwater display tanks and he just plops them in when he gets them. there a cool fish for the price. but they do get big and very fast