combining fish help

krrector

I am looking to upgrade my 100 gallon reef tank to a 150 gallon. If I do this, I want to eliminate my 75 gallon tank. The only two fish I have in the 75 are a yellow tang and a lemon peel angel. Problem being, in my 100 gallon I already have a yellow tang, a powder brown tang, and a coral beauty angel amongst a few others. I know the likelyhood of two yellow tangs and two angels getting together is slim, but if enough rock and a bigger tank....anyone think that is would be a possibility they would get along, eventually...or don't chance it at all. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

blemmy_guy

Ive seen several people on here with more than 1 yellow tang. I think with the bigger tank they will probly do ok. But im not to sure about your dwarf angels though. I think i would be more worried about them. Goodluck.
todd

angelsrock

i would bet money the angels would be fine in the 150 together, the yellow tangs "should" be fine you will just have to add them at the same time to the new tank.

marineman

yellow tangs do better in groups of 5 or more were the aggression is more dispersed. the dwarf angels combine well the bigger the tank, the more liverock in the tank, the more dissimmular looking, and if added at the same time will increase you success. i comboed a flame, bicolor and lemonpeel in a 175g liverrock setup without any problems! but tried to add a flame to a 55g (early on in the hobby) with a resident coral beauty and they killed eachother by fighting continuously! :yes:

scubadoo

As they mature odds are the yellow tangs will fight as they approach their adult 8 inch size. . Always a possibility they will not...but odds are against you IMO.