Comcast digital cable

g13

Hello, I'm a subcribed customer of comcast digital cable and was thinking of splitting it to a 3rd room. I would hate to pay the fee for another box rental and was wondering if I can purchase a box from ---- and use that instead. I know if I was to ask Comcast they would tell me no because they would want to make money off another rental and installation to a 3rd room.
Was wondering if anyone has had success with purchasing a box from a 3rd party and being able to receive the channels paid for without a problem.
Back in the analog cable days we could purchase and own our own boxes and was wondering if we could do the same with digital boxes.

loopy

husband is a cable guy.......no, it won't work. Doesn't it suck that the stealing cable days are over? Ya!!!!!! Crap. Nope, sorry, won't work, you might get some crappy sound if your really darn lucky. Seriously, I asked him, the husband guy...and he would tell you if there was a way to do it. I'll update you if he finds out anything different. (You could always try, but I think you'd be wasting your money.)

broncofish

Originally posted by Loopy
husband is a cable guy.......no, it won't work. Doesn't it suck that the stealing cable days are over? Ya!!!!!!

Oh no there not over, just more complicated, we'll leave it at that.

denny80688

remember with cable you dont need a box for it to work. Satelite is still the only service Requiring the use of a converter box. just split the line coming into the cable box in the other room and hook it directly to your other tv. you just wont get your channels above like 125 or whatever your tv goes up to.