Come Look!!!!

hot883

Looking real nice. Can't wait to see it with fish etc. Great start and Welcome to the boards.

dad & son

Thanks i cant wait till i get fish either. the tank is in the cycoling process right now. I have one quick question, my rocks are growing yellow and green spots they look kinda spungi, is that normal?

toyshika

Sure. Mine just turned like copper...and then they told me on here it was dead stuff coming off. Well, now I see these microscopic things crawling all over my glass. LOL I mean, if you don't have 20/20, you wouldn't see them. I don't know what they are, guess I have to wait until it grows up! LOL

salty tank

Is that crushed coral you are using? Before you go any further you should get rid of your crushed coral. I cant tell if its sand or CC though.........

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by salty tank
Is that crushed coral you are using? Before you go any further you should get rid of your crushed coral. I cant tell if its sand or CC though.........
That don't look like crushed coral to me. It looks like a mixture of two different sand though, black sand with white. He did say that he used live sand in his picture site!!!
For the original poster, nice looking tank going there!! I see your using Model 1 for your sump, I prefer Model 2 better, at least you can incorporate a fuge along with it. Which that is what I'm using for my new 90G Bowfront Reef Ready tank. I'll take pictures tomorrow while I'm setting it up, already had the plumbing done, just need rocks, sand and water. Trips back and forth to the store for RO water...How fun!!!

mikeyjer

One more thing, for me, I tossed out ALL those bio-balls and use rock rubbles instead. They work better IMO!!! :happyfish

dad & son

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
One more thing, for me, I tossed out ALL those bio-balls and use rock rubbles instead. They work better IMO!!! :happyfish
thanks for the tip on the filter. I may try that instead